Employee entitlements entail the rights, facilities, services that an employer is obligated to provide to its workers. Failing to do so can result in heavy penalties on the employer. Apart from affecting the balance sheet, the failure of employee entitlement provision also stains the reputation of the organization in the industry.
Here, we will provide you with a quick overview of things you have to consider in devising an employee entitlement package for your organization.
- You need to establish the employment type for every employee, i.e., full-time, part-time, ad-hoc, casual, probation, etc.
- Ensure that your workforce fulfills national and local employment standards.
- You need to provide annual, sick, maternity/paternity, and all other types of leaves in line with leave entitlement laws.
- You need to comply with the overtime, breaks, rosters rules established in your industry.
- Depending on the nature of your business, you may also have to take care of the travel, vehicle, and uniform entitlements of the workforce as well.
- Employee entitlement details also cover how to handle the terminations, when to issue notice and how to deal with final pays. Not fulfilling employee entitlement details when laying a worker off can also cause regulatory trouble.
- Many industries and local laws also require employee entitlement details to outline how workers can get help in case of bullying, harassment, and any other discriminatory conduct.
These are some of the most important employee entitlement details. Deploying good HRMS software like SimplyHRMS is a must for managing employee entitlements without any loopholes.